S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Shadow of Chernobyl - Play with a Gamepad or Joystick
controller support for any PC Gamepad, Xbox 360 Controller, PS3 or PS4 Controller, PlayStation Controller, etc
You are probably having trouble playing S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Shadow of Chernobyl with your gamepad or joystick.
Pinnacle Game Profiler can solve all your controller problems. Guaranteed.
Just click the button below to download the Pinnacle Game Profiler software,
a pre-made profile for S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Shadow of Chernobyl controller support. Simple.
If you have any questions or need any help, please email us: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Supports any game controller
- Easy to setup in a few minutes
- Advanced customization options
- Help from dedicated support team
software in the world." - DownloadSquad (HuffPost Tech)
S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Shadow of Chernobyl profile
This profile has some advanced commands that I think could use some explanation.
1. The Inventory button will drop your currently held item if you press and hold it for 1/2 a second.
2. The Cycle Weapon button will change your current held weapon depending on the number of times you tap the button. For example, your shotgun is normaly selected by pressing the 3 key on the keyboard. To select it with the gamepad, you would tap the Cycle Weapon button 3 times and then hold the button for 1/2 second on the 3rd press. Just remember that holding the button is what actualy selects the weapon.
3. The crouch/Low Crouch(Hold) button works just like a normal crouch toggle when pressed normaly, but if you hold this button down for 1/2 a second while standing you will Low Crouch. This doesn't work if you are already crouched though.
4. The Flashlight/Night Vision(Hold) button works just like a normal flashlight toggle when pressed normaly, but if you hold it for 1/2 second you will go to Night Vision. (This hasn't been fully tested)
5. There are a few advanced commands that are in this profile that aren't part of the controller configuration but can be used if needed.
(1). Crouch Cycle is a standard crouch toggle without the low crouch on hold.
(2). Cycle Crouch(Advanced) is a crouch cycle that crouches on the first press than goes to low crouch on the second button press. The 3rd and fourth press brings you out of each of these commands in reverse order.
(3). The Cycle Weapon cycle command should not be used. this command is reserved for use by a nother command.
6. There are many commands assigned to buttons in this profile that are from the Hidden catagory. Be aware that if you modify this profile, you may not be able to restore it back the way it was without retrieving these commands . If you get into trouble, you can simply re-import this profile.
Have fun :D
Lots and lots of cycle commands and press and hold commands do the trick and turn a really complex keyboard/mouse game into something that feels like it would be at home on a console.
some buttons not mapped i think but all essentials are there =]
1st profile so comments much appreciated
The existing profiles for Shadow of Chernobyl didn't impress me so I created my own and tweaked it over the course of a 50 hour play through. The mapping should be largely self explanatory but here are some quick notes:
1. I was playing the Steam game with the Zone Reclamation Project (ZRP v1.07) mod installed that enables you to save a level snapshot, which is essentially a quicksave that overwrites the previous quicksave for the particular level you're on. It was my preferred way to save my progress through the game and I've mapped it to the Y button [Hold]. If you're not using the ZRP you may need to remap the Y [Hold] to a different save command.
2. I've mapped D-Pad UP [Hold] to a Steam Screenshot at F12. Change it if you're not using F12.
3. The two usual sensitivities you need to adjust to your own liking are:
i) The Right Joystick: Mapped to Mouse. It's currently set at 75% horizontal / 65% vertical.
ii) The sniper assist setting found in Edit Commands: Weapon>Aim w/Sniper Assist.
4. To Sprint you just need to push LB once; you don't need to hold it down.
5. Note the left stick click / hold functions that trigger bandages (small heal) and medkits (large heal). In most games there are one or two commands you need to use reflexively (i.e. a split second before you get killed) in order to save your proverbial bacon and in this game it's this. Keeping them on the stick means you don't need to waste time reaching for a button and this is one of the key things the other profiles missed.
Happy hunting Stalker.
Total Downloads: 8,560
Total Downloads: 8,851
Total Downloads: 813