PinnacleUpdate is a tool used for updating your Pinnacle Game Profiler software. Not only is it used to download Pinnacle
"system updates", it's also capable of downloading data specific to the controller devices your have attached and the game
profiles you have created. The following update types can be downloaded by PinnacleUpdate.
- Profile Data - Profile data such as command sets and controller configurations may be available for some or all
of your game profiles. Downloading these profile updates allows you to start playing your games right away using commands
and configurations made by the Pinnacle Team.
- Device Layouts - You may be able to download a device layout for your controller device. These are pre-defined
layouts for a device's display on the Controller Configurations window. Often
they contain images that will display your controller on the screen, with highlights that will appear when you mouseover the
assignment labels. If no pre-defined layout is available for your controller, Pinnacle will build a default layout for the device.
- System Updates - These are updates to the Pinnacle Game Profiler software itself.
To download profile data, system updates, and device layouts with PinnacleUpdate, follow these steps...
- From the Pinnacle Startup window, click the 'PinnacleUpdate' link.
The PinnacleUpdate window will appear.
- Press the 'Next' button to search for any available updates.
- After PinnacleUpdate completes the search, it will display a list of available updates. If you do not wish to download a
particular update, remove the checkmark next to it; otherwise all available updates will be downloaded.
NOTE: System updates must always be downloaded, these are required in order for your Pinnacle Game Profiler software
to function properly.
- Press the 'Next' button to download and install the selected updates.
- Wait until the updates have each been downloaded and installed. This may take a few minutes depending on the speed of
your Internet connection.
- After the updates have all been downloaded and installed, PinnacleUpdate will display the results of the update process,
indicating if there were any updates that failed to be installed.
- Press the 'Finish' button to close the PinnacleUpdate window. If you've installed a system update, you may need to restart
your computer before the changes will take effect.