Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: MechWarrior 4: Vengeance

Arrow MechWarrior 4 profile - Xbox 360 controller

There are a ton of keyboard commands for this game so I had to make one a "shift" key to get most of the main/important commands mapped to the controller. There were also a lot of double commands too.

Also, I made two different profiles: one for R-shoulder based weapon firing, and one for R-trigger based weapon firing.

These are my first attempts at mapping these controls for this game so I'll probably change them from this the more I play with it, but I just wanted to put it out there for anyone interested.

EDIT: I should also mention that to get these to work properly, you'll need to add the /gosNoJoystick switch to the MW4 executable path that the Pinnacle application will run. And you'll also need to make sure that the mouse is enabled for Torso movements (this is set from the controllers options within the MW4 main menu).
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Pinnacle [Rob]; 05-05-2012 at 04:22 PM.

Cool, this should come in handy since I hear they're planning on releasing MechWarrior 4 for free pretty soon.

Wow, this is great. I've had MW4 installed on my computer for a while but haven't started playing because I haven't had the time/inclination to create a profile. Thanks!

BTw- how do you do the /gosnojoystick switch?

Quote Originally Posted by Xazuki View Post
    Cool, this should come in handy since I hear they're planning on releasing MechWarrior 4 for free pretty soon.
    Yep, I've actually still got my original software (the box and everything ). I had it stored away and thought I'd re-introduce myself to the game in preparation for the new MW game.

Quote Originally Posted by shantd View Post
    BTw- how do you do the /gosnojoystick switch?
    1. Go to your Game Profiles page.
    2. Highlight your MW4 profile and click 'Edit...'
    3. Apply the /gosNoJoystick switch to the end of the Game Executable File path. It should look like this "[Your installation path]\MechWarrior Vengeance\mw4.exe" /gosNoJoystick (include the quotes too).

Aren't the key commands the same for Vengeance, Black Knight, and Mercenaries?

Quote Originally Posted by Pinnacle [Marco] View Post
    Aren't the key commands the same for Vengeance, Black Knight, and Mercenaries?
    I've got the BK expansion pack and looking through the documentation and if I remember correctly from my first time playing through this, the controls are the same.

Quote Originally Posted by GOOBERJ7 View Post
    I've got the BK expansion pack and looking through the documentation and if I remember correctly from my first time playing through this, the controls are the same.
    I'm pretty sure it's all the same between Vengeance and Black Knight (BK). There could be a few that were changed from BK to Mercenaries. I was just thinking it might be helpful to point this out to people, especially since they're all to be free now.

1. Go to your Game Profiles page.
    2. Highlight your MW4 profile and click 'Edit...'
    3. Apply the /gosNoJoystick switch to the end of the Game Executable File path. It should look like this "[Your installation path]\MechWarrior Vengeance\mw4.exe" /gosNoJoystick (include the quotes too).
    Thanks for that. What exactly does this switch do? This is the first I've heard of it.

Quote Originally Posted by shantd View Post
    Thanks for that. What exactly does this switch do? This is the first I've heard of it.
    It disables the game from automatically detecting any of your external controller's joysticks, so that these profiles can be used properly. If you don't use the switch, it automatically detects your Xbox 360 controller and screws with the joysticks and the axis and how they control the Mech versus how these profiles are set up to control the Mech. I dunno....you can try it without the switch and see if you like it the other way (with the game auto-detecting your controller). I just know that it messes up the joystick mapping if you're using these profiles.

I was worried at first when I started fooling with this b/c I was worried I wasn't going to be able to disable the auto-detect feature, but I found out about these switches and it worked exactly like I needed it to!!! SWEEET!!!

I was worried at first when I started fooling with this b/c I was worried I wasn't going to be able to disable the auto-detect feature, but I found out about these switches and it worked exactly like I needed it to!!!
    Multiple controllers plugged in is another work around.
    Last edited by Pinnacle [Marco]; 08-23-2009 at 04:08 PM. Reason: Split thread into two parts, one for discussion of new game, another for the profile. The new thread is in the chat forum.