Thread: long time (years?) .......

long time (years?) .......

..... since ive been on the forum, normally only come if I have a problem with PGP, which iI had rescently, and I came across a post about Padstarr, I Have a question (Errol), Is Padstarr really the successor to PGP or is it an alternative, Ive had no real problems over the years with PGP and have learned to sort out my own profiles and have not had any difficulty in that regards so what is better about Padstarr, I downloaded it and had a quick go but I didn't like it as much as PGP but maybe thats down to unfamiliarity.

And is the fee for Padstarr waived for PGP users or has that expired, ($6 bucks is not excessive, but I would like peoples opinions first)

Any feedback from Padstarr users or from Rob?
    Last edited by henly1234; 01-15-2018 at 09:20 PM.

Ive just been reading the stickies, I didn't realize things had taken such a turn for the worst, you have my sympathy, its a shame that such a brilliant bit of kit is being let to go to rack and ruin, just to reassure folk, ive been using PGP for many years and had very few problems, (running W10 64bit), and its running fine now so don't give up on it, (not affiliated with PGP in any way).

Hello pal it's been a long long time for you AWOL
    Yes Padstarr supposed to be the successor to PGP, however since things did not turn out as expected, (as you've read in the stickies) the development of Padstarr has taken a downturn but if you want an activation key for Padstarr just send an email to Rob and he'll send it to you freely. You are one of his many customers and he has pledged that all who purchased PGP past and present will get a free key for Padstarr. Probably since the development of Padstarr has taken a backseat is why Rob is still honoring the free keys to purchasing customers of PGP.

BTW Rob is plenty better than what you've read since the stickies were posted. Since I've not heard from him in a while I don't know if he's still in updating PGP or Padstarr. I do believe since the game developers are making 99% of all games with controller support is why Rob has hold back on development.

Hi Errol good to hear from you, thought you may have kicked the bucket by now hehe, Like I said I'm quite happy with PGP so although Ive had a go at Padstarr it didn't seem to be much of an improvement, as you say games do come with controllers but nine times out of ten I want to improve on the native format so I will continue to use PGP.

Ive sent a request to Rob but as yet no reply, still Im glad he has come round now.