Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: NOTICE: Payment Issues hopefully resolved after sending a lengthy email to Rob...

Arrow NOTICE: Payment Issues hopefully resolved after sending a lengthy email to Rob...

Hello all visitors and members of the Pinnacle forums. I got so fed up with many people not getting there activation key after they paid for PGP & Padstarr in both forums since last October 2016 to the present time. I finally sent a desperate and pleading email to Rob the developer. This was the email I sent him January 05, 2017;

[Quote] Subject: Desperate call to you Rob...
    (My email Message) Hi Rob I hope all is well with you!
    I'm writing this email to you in a last ditch effort hoping against all hope that you'll respond and heed my plea.
    I am of the opinion that you've totally abandoned PGP & Padstarr and at the same time also left many buyers hanging on the lifeline waiting for you to send them there activation keys.
    However it seems, I don't think your valued purchasing customers need to be treated in this way.
    If things continue with this downhill trend I don't think that I'll be hanging around much longer.
    I've been with you since December of 2010 and held up faithfully with you while all the others have since moved on. Without further development of both software anymore, has placed me in a situation where I cannot respond to people in the forum in a manner to assist them with the software.
    Please Rob honor those customers who have purchased since last October to the present time and also let me know what are your intentions concerning development etc.
    If by next Monday 09, 2017 (Yes I'm giving you a few days grace hoping you will reply) I don't get a reply from you I will have no choice but to also call it a day and move on with my life and find something better to spend my valuable time instead of just wasting my time in the forums cleaning up spam and replying to people with payments complains etc. I cannot take this anymore. I've been here for you all these years and now I'm just about had it especially with people's money spent on your products and you're not keeping your end of the deal.

Looking forward for a speedy reply from you.

Errol
    [End quote]

I finally (January 12, 2017 9:06 AM) received an email reply from Rob and this is his reply;

[Quote] Hello Errol, I am very sorry for the delayed response... my email has been all messed up again. I believe the problem is resolved on Jan 8th and I replied to the customers that did not receive their keys. I really hope you will not abandon me now, I will try to do better but you know that I am in a desperate place in my life right now. I really need your help now, so please forgive me. I hope you will continue to pray for me and I will try to get back on my feet again.... but it's been so very difficult. I am seeing counseling and it seems to be helping, but I need more time to get back on my feet. I assure you that I do not wish to be in this situation... please continue to pray for me.

-- Rob
    [End quote]

Another follow up email from Rob (January 12, 2017 10:24 AM);

[Quote] I promise you that I will try to start working more on Pinnacle... I really don't want to lose my business. Please, I hope you will continue to help me... I will start working harder but I really really still need your help

-- Rob
    [End quote]
    ================================================== ================================================== ===========================

Anyone with issues concerning payments made to Rob for PGP & Padstarr please post your query here and I'll personally see to it that it is not delayed anymore. At least I'll try my best to get you all settled and hopefully get everyone's issues resolved. I hope you all take the time to read out the emails that was sent and received so you'll know whats going on behind the scenes.

Its good that you finally got through to him, I think from one prospective, he has been pretty selfish forgetting about this place, taking people's money still without sending anything in return. I can understand about depression, I am going through it myself. But if he can't / couldn't keep this site running, then it should have been closed down.

I have to admit that many people have moved on, this was once a thriving community at one point with a lot of mods / admin looking after the place. now its just complaints and bitter anger. I wouldn't have blamed you if you did move on. I was more or less going to do the same. but then the forum would have been left alone with no one answering.

If Rob is to come back, I think he has a lot of ground to make up for. I also think he should change the software activation system, so that if the site does at some point goes down, then people who have paid for it, still can use it.

But, its not just not sending out keys which is the problem but support and program updates. This program needs a lot of effort from Rob to get the program working on windows 10, and sort out other problems that people are having with it.

My advice is this, if Rob doesn't come back, then I would suggest closing the forum at least, then only have some read only posts, about seeking refunds and the status of Rob, then leave this place for good and maybe then people might get the message that this program is dead in the water.

There is really little else we can do, only Rob really has the power to change things. I still hope it will comes to his senses and come back, he has put a lot of work in this program, and there isn't really a good alternative out there as far as I know.

So if we don't get anything else from Rob, or he doesn't come back, then we should walk away from this place and leave it to rot.

But hopefully what you sent to him has made him see reason. Fingers crossed. But he has a lot of trust and respect to build again.
    Last edited by matthewfarmery; 01-13-2017 at 10:39 PM.

Hi Matthew I fully agree with you 150%. I do believe I'll send him another email requesting him to set PGP & Padstarr to be activated via the activation key given and not be confirmed through the Internet. That way people will still have a fully activated software even if this site and Rob business goes dead. Fingers crossed!!!!

My advice is, if Rob doesn't come to his sense soon, then I would suggest doing the following

Disable new registrations
    have all but one forum visible.
    and the only remaining forum as read only, (and the posts there locked)
    in that forum, explain the situation, and advice about seeking refunds.

Then walk away, as I will be right behind you.

no point sticking around this place, if rob has no interest in supporting this. but many then people will finally get the message about this place been dead. I still think rob is still selfish if he still thinks he can run a business without supporting it, I just think that is so silly. He either needs to support it or end the support, he can't have it both ways.

I still hope it will come to his senses, but I'm not so sure, but your threatening to leave him seems to have done something, but if its enough, I can't say.

All in all, if he doesn't come around, then no point sticking around, hence the above, if he does come back, then he can do a small amount of adjustment to reactivate the forum, but I think he will have a lot of trouble gaining trust and support. He will have a high mountain to climb to regain what is lost. Not sure if Rob is prepared for that?

Anyway, that is my advice.

I would send him another email, give him a final demand notice, end of the month, if he doesn't come back by then, we both walk away and leave this place to rot. But something tells me, he won't be interested in coming back. But Rob has this coming, he needs to come backk back, or close the place down.
    Last edited by matthewfarmery; 01-16-2017 at 08:23 PM.

Any update on this? I think its getting close to the time of thinking if we should move on or not? especailly if Rob doesn't seem to want to come back to the forums. support of the program is still a concern, as is activating the program if the server does go down.

In the end, if things don't change, I guess shutting down the forum is the best cause of action, especially if no one is here to mod it. Right now, I still don't really see much going to change, I just feel we are wasting our time, if Rob isn't going to really support the program.

You think its time to move on?

I purchased a key, could you send one out please thanks

Dang, and I just bought a key too! Gotta say I feel completely duped by this guy. There should be some sort of warning on the purchase page saying it's not being updated/supported. I searched to see how long it takes to get a key in, and this is horrible to find all these behind-the-scenes issues going on and that I might never get it! :/ IMO, when it involves money it should never be a 'hmm maybe tomorrow will be better and I'll work on it'!! I know I'm new to the community and don't really know this guys situation, but it is complete BS to still be presenting yourself as a functioning business knowing full well you are not able to provide like your customers expect.

And this is EXACTLY why I use paypal for stuff like this.

Sadly the dev doesn't support this program much or not at all, and only he has control over the website. Errol has been trying to get through to him and make him see reason, seems to be having mixed results.

I would personally try and seek a refund using whatever payment provider you used.

Had I known this was going on, I would not have even bothered purchasing a key today. I sent an email earlier today to support@pinnaclegameprofiler.com because after the purchase was complete, the webpage stated I would receive the key within 3-5 minutes. After an hour of waiting and still no key...off the email went. Having not received a response at 8:00 pm, I went to the webpage and clicked on the sales@pinnaclegameprofiler and off went another email.

It was on this page that under "Recent Discussions" that I saw this thread. In my opinion, the web site should be shut down and NO ONE should be allowed to purchase the software. Period. There should also be a disclaimer in neon flashing lights stating this issue. It amounts to taking people's money and not delivering service, aka "stealing". A quick call to the Better Business Bureau should be the answer to this deceitful practice!

If no one else has the balls to get BBB on this guy and the business...guess I will. Like Matthew stated, I too used PayPal and will seek a refund and let PayPal know they should block any new payments to the company.

Only the dev has the power to change the website, so people end up buying a key without reasoning what is happening, Errol any myself only have the power to mod the forum. but yes, putting pressure on him, and telling paypal there is a problem, may help. I wish Rob would come to his senses, but not sure if he will.

Sadly the program has become bait, and people are buying a product they can't use.