Thread: Revelation Online (CBT "Action" Template)

Revelation Online (CBT "Action" Template)

I do these so far and in-between lol, but here is another. I am currently taking part in the Closed Beta for Revelation Online where I have bumped into a few asking for controller support so I thought to work on a template now to help others get up and running as to have better profiles out and about once the game fully launches.
    The controller profile uses a "shift cmd" on the left bumper to add two extra configuration layers to access ultimate skills and quick slots. For example, holding down the left bumper and pressing "X", "Y", or "Right bumper is equal to pressing F1, F2, or F3. I added .jpg files to help visualize the setup. The .pin file follows.

Revalation Online.pin
    Last edited by GhettoNerd; 11-07-2016 at 08:46 PM.

-NOTE- This profile is based off an "Action" control scheme. So you must choose the appropriate targeting scheme for it to work correctly. Real easy! Out of the three controle style choices you are given...choose the last one

Have fun and mod to your content.
    GN out.

Quote Originally Posted by GhettoNerd View Post
    -NOTE- This profile is based off an "Action" control scheme. So you must choose the appropriate targeting scheme for it to work correctly. Real easy! Out of the three controle style choices you are given...choose the last one

Have fun and mod to your content.
    GN out.
    Hey man. Many thanks for this. it's exactly what I need. I have one question though. I'm currently playing the CBT3 but my install is very different from yours. i found the tianyu.exe file but when i associate PGP with it, all that comes up when i start the game is a screen telling me i need to put in a password but with no way to do it. The shortcut to RO on my desktop points to a url that is not recognised by PGP. any idea what's going wrong and if so, how i can fix it?

Off the top I do not know what is going wrong with your set up. There are 4 .exe files. All I can quickly think of is maybe PGP is being pointed to the wrong .exe file. Make sure you point it to "tianyu.exe​" and NOT typrotect.exe​, tianyu_rs.exe​, or tianyu_p.exe​.

Example: C:\Users\GhettoNerd\GameInstalls\Revelation Online\game\tianyu.exe​

Another thing to make sure is to make PGP Launch as persistent profile and Do Not Start The Executable File When Profile is launched.

Other than that I don't know what to think of lol. I pointed to the exe, jumped in game, and started testing and setting controls up (CBT1-3) straight forward and easy.
    Let me know if this works and if not I will keep working wit cha. Hope we get you up and running so you can use the updated version of this profile lol. Take care
    Last edited by GhettoNerd; 01-23-2017 at 12:31 AM. Reason: spelling

Hey man. thanks for the reply. Appreciating your help.
    So, I made sure that 'Launch as persistent profile' and 'Do Not Start The Executable File When Profile is launched' were checked. I started the profile and nothing happened. I unchecked 'Do Not Start The Executable File When Profile is launched' and the game started but just as before, splash screen with a box requesting a password that wouldn't allow me to input one.
    Can I ask, did your game install itself automatically or did you do it manually? Also, did it put a shortcut on your desktop and if it did, where does that point to? My Desktop shortcut doesn't point to the tianyu.exe but instead points to this: mycomgames://show/13.2000026 maybe I need to reinstall the game but do it manually? No idea

I let the game auto install. At first I checked the desktop shortcut that it installed, but I could quickly tell I would have issues if I used it. You get strange addresses when ever using a shortcut put there by a launcher in my experience. So what I did was open task manager. look for tianu.exe while the game was running and right clicked to open file location. Again, C:\Users\GhettoNerd\GameInstalls\Revelation Online\game\tianyu.exe​, this will get you straight to the exe file if you can't navigate on your own. Don't know if this helps, but I also don't launch the profile to start the game. I start PGP, but do not run the profile yet. Then I double click My.com shortcut and start the game from there. Once I do, PGP automatically starts the profile when the tianu.exe is fired up. I don't know, for some reason it still sounds like your PGP is starting the wrong exe file. That is the only time I have had similar issues.

Great stuff. I haven't tried either of those things. I have always tried to start the game by launching the profile. Maybe if i do it the other way around as you suggest, i'll crack it. Nice one. i'll let you know if it works or not. Just so I'm clear what you're doing;
    1. Fire up PGP but do NOT launch the game by using the profile.
    2. Start the game from the desktop shortcut that the game furnishes you with at install.
    3. No need to do anything else as PGP automatically takes over (for want of a better way of putting it) the tianyu.exe

This is my path to the tianyu.exe that I'm using: C:\MyGames\Revelation Online\game\tianyu.exe

The only difference is #2 I don't even use the short cut. I double click the My.com short cut (Launcher) and hit "play" from there. Everything else you posted 100% sinks up. Even the .exe path. I hope you get it cuzz I can not think of what else could be giving you an issue my fingers are crossed lol.

Sorted! It's working now. Tyvm for staying with me man Now just have to get my head around all the functions innit