Guild Wars 2
Guild Wars 2 Settings
In addition to the default settings I suggest to
- Deactivate "Double-Tap to Evade"
- Activate "Auto Loot"
- Activate "Show All Enemy Names"
- I suggest a "Camera Rotation Speed" between 0% and 50%. (Right now I use 25% myself)
- You should consider to experiment with the stop auto attack on target change, the auto target settings and the "Lock Auto Target" toggle key which is mapped by the profile.
Keyboard <=> Profile
This keys are not mapped to a default key by arenanet, but are used in the profile and should be mapped anyway! Rest as set by default.
Movement > Walk Insert
Movement > About Face End
Targeting > Nearest Enemy C
Targeting > Nearest Ally L
Targeting > Next Ally X
Targeting > Lock Auto Target ; [Semicolon] [Qwertz: Ü]
User Interface > Mail 4 (numpad)
Camera > Look Behind Home [Qwertz: Pos1]
Action > Stow/Draw Weapons . [Period]
Targeting > Show Friendly Names 1 (numpad) [In addition/alternative to the default mapping (Left CTRL) to prevent some issues]
Targeting > Show Enemy Names 2 (numpad) [In addition/alternative to the default mapping (Left Alt) to prevent some issues]
Misc > Town Cloth Toggle 5 (numpad)
Mighty's GW2 Profile
- The profile is made for a resolution of 1920x1080 and normal UI size.
- If you want to change anything have a look on the "How to modify" section below - if not don't read that section.
- You may need to change joystick sensitivity according to your wishes. But keep in mind this will also affect AoE positioning.
- This is just a basic layout. As example if you play necromancer, it could be worth to have death shroud (F1) on dpad. Unshifted dpad is a good point to add some functionality for your needs.
- I not sure how useful the "Next/Nearest Ally" commands are. You may replace them as you need space. Also it may be a good point to replace for utilizing the "Team Cycle" command a.e. when you want to cast a glyph on an ally group member. There is also a predefined, but not mapped "Team Cycle Small" for small group icons.
- You need a keyboard - you cannot play a mmo without. Voice chat toggle/push-to-talk is mapped to 3 on NUMPAD See "How to modify" to change.
- You should also have a mouse for the UI interaction next to you.
- Sometimes PGP misplace the mouse cursor probably issued by the luncher or maximizing a window. So if you own a keyboard or mouse where you can map a button to execute the batch file or even map it in the profile itself and it will kill and restart PGP for you... See how to modifiy and then adjust the path of the command wich is by default mapped to R1+Start. Click here to download restart_pgp.bat
How to play
- Zoom out as far as possible before/in a fight, especially for AoEs.
- By default you start in PvX mode
- You gain access to your skills by holding L1 or R1 down.
- You can always dodge [R2], (de)activate mouse/camera view [R3] and move your body and the camera with the sticks.
- Call AoE by pressing the skill combo twice. Like L1+X -> move the AoE in place while "mouse view" mode is active -> L1+X again OR you could also activate the skill as example L1+X -> release X, but keep L1 hold -> move with left/right stick -> press left stick down to execute (so you dont have to release camera movement twice)
- Mouse View [R3] will always place the mouse pointer a little bit above the center of the screen. Thus the AoEs are always at exactly the same position / pixel.
- If Mouse View is off (mouse cursor visible) you can left-mouse click with the left stick down [L3]. If Mouse View is on you can call a target.
- There are three different right-joystick sensitivities in the profile:
- If the Mouse view is off (you can see you cursor) the joystick sensitivity is horizontal 50 and vertical 50.
- If the Mouse view is on (you cannot see the cursor) the joystick sensitivity is horizontal 50 and vertical 37.
- If you press L1 or R1 the joystick sensitivity is horizontal 45 and vertical 30. (That way you can place your AoE more precise.)
- All values are conservative and need further testing as also depend on personal preferences. You can easily change it - see how to modify!
- The panel cycle commands (L2+DPad) break the mouse view, so you do not need to deactivate it manually before. The cycle pointer is reseted each time you activate mouse view.
- If the controller vibrates you have activated a hold-key-down command. A.e. hold and keep the right mouse button down. Also the previous enemy, call target and select call target commands have vibration feedback.
- You can press "select"(ps3)/"back"(xbox) button to get into UI mode - in UI mode you press the button again to get back to PvX mode. When playing for your first time you really should not care about that! Ignore it and concentrate on the default PvX mode!
You should print the screenshots for quick reference and read the Legend - as also sit down and make some dry exercise a.e. with a "text editor" It will take some time to get into it, especially since you have not made the profile on your own - just do not give up after half an hour....Good luck!
wiki page - section 2.1 2.2 3.2 4.1 are copied/pasted above
most recent profile file - attached file (v1.5) below may be outdated
good luck and of course any feedback is welcome!
Last edited by mighty; 02-01-2013 at 06:35 PM.
Thanks for this. I wouldn't say that the $25 is all that bad. I mean in all honesty, Pinnacle is worth every dime. I bought this software about 6 years ago. I remember thinking, I know I'm going to regret this later when the company disappears. But surely, it hasn't; rather, it just kept getting better with every upgrade. The profiles (thanks to both the developers and the community) have just gotten better and more reliable. This is by far the most reliable controller emulator on the market. It has been with me as I changed systems from Xp, to Vista, to 7, to now 8. And no, I don't work for or with Pinnacle. I'm just a satisfied customer, going on 6 years later.
I just wanted to say thank you for this profile. I've been using this for a couple of weeks now and though it took me a little bit of time to understand all the functionality in the profile (I was more interested in playing than learning how to use the Pinnacle software) I think the profile is very well designed. (I think the Pinnacle software is very good as well.)
I've recently bought The Secret World and have used your profile as a basis for a new one, which I'm currently tweaking.
Thanks very much.
Yes, you are absolutely right and I would not use PGP if this would not be the best way to do it. I just made this statement in the wiki, because I did post outside this forum too and I want to make absolute clear that this solution may be a little expensive for (maybe) just one time user (considering it is half of gw2) and that there are freeware ways to play this game with gamepad.
Originally Posted by Gouken
However I can not agree with your exuberant PGP praise. And I tell you why. The software disables itself when out of date and force to update, so if the company one day disappears suddenly you may not able to use it any further. I can understand this is necessary to prevent illegal behaviour, but it is nothing I really like as customer. Also there are some point I really can not understand why they are missing. No global variables, if/else or regular expressions. No Hot-Swap on Axis commands, that would be really great. And when it comes to editing profiles what we call in usability/software engineering “forced sequentially” in physical and psychical way. As example the drop down box to select a command is just a pain... Just think about the term “forced sequentially”. Also two major bugs: Some strange mouse positioning bug when switching between firescreen that force to restart PGP. Sometimes hot-swap is not triggered and I have to release the button and press again. So you see opinion is a question of the angle But all in all it is great and no better piece of software is out there and more ppl buy it, so it may get even better
Originally Posted by Trefoil
Hey, I’m glad you like it and that the profile was an inspiration for you As I stated in the wiki, you have to play without thinking, and yeah this could take some time. But then I sometimes think I’m even better than default keyboard/mouse. Only the target selection is a little bit tricky. But as soon as someone calls for you there is no more disadvantage.
Originally Posted by Trefoil