Thread: What is this shift stuff?

What is this shift stuff?

Hi, I'm trying to get my 360 Gamepad to work with Star Wars, so far it's kind of touch and go. I grabbed Errol's profile and I'm trying to get used to it, but I don't understand this Blue shift, and Red shift stuff. Is there a button on my gamepad that causes it to shift to blue, or red? There's nothing I can find that explains this shifting business ANYWHERE and It's driving me BATTY.

Help!

Silvercloak

Because there are so many kb keys & mouse functions in SWTOR, using a controller with only limited buttons, triggers and analog sticks is not enough. PGP was designed in such a way to have shift modes similar to the keyboard when you press the shift key on the keyboard it changes the symbols to capital letters etc. In like manner, when a shift mode command is assigned to a button for your controller it makes place for more commands to be assigned, so far PGP has four shift modes.

As to your question;
    I don't understand this Blue shift, and Red shift stuff. Is there a button on my gamepad that causes it to shift to blue, or red? There's nothing I can find that explains this shifting business ANYWHERE and It's driving me BATTY.
    I made it that its a hidden command for both the shift mode blue & red, both of them are assigned to the shoulder buttons. The left shoulder button is hold for shift mode blue for additional commands and the right shoulder button is hold for shift mode red for additional commands.

Talking Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Pinnacle [Errol] View Post
    Because there are so many kb keys & mouse functions in SWTOR, using a controller with only limited buttons, triggers and analog sticks is not enough. PGP was designed in such a way to have shift modes similar to the keyboard when you press the shift key on the keyboard it changes the symbols to capital letters etc. In like manner, when a shift mode command is assigned to a button for your controller it makes place for more commands to be assigned, so far PGP has four shift modes.

As to your question; I made it that its a hidden command for both the shift mode blue & red, both of them are assigned to the shoulder buttons. The left shoulder button is hold for shift mode blue for additional commands and the right shoulder button is hold for shift mode red for additional commands.
    Awesome, thank you for the help I was totally getting confused by the shift function. One last question; I really like the profile where the camera is bound to the right analog stick, it just feels more natural to control. My only problem is - what button is assigned for the left mouse button? I spent significant time last night trying to figure it out. I went to a speeder droid and by fluke I managed to select him, but after that I couldn't select my destination. A) I couldn't figure out how to move my pointer and B) I couldn't figure out how to mouse click.

Last question, I SWEAR. I think once I nail that down, I'm set for clear sailing with this profile.

Thanks for the hard work in setting it all up!!

Silvercloak

Always feel free to ask your questions, thats why we have these forums so that many people like yourself can get help easily.

As for your question to your left mouse button; Tap the right trigger to target next enemy and hold the right trigger for left mouse click which is a double command, its also added to the two shift modes as well. The left mouse click is also a hidden command.

I'd recommend you to use the Star Wars (B).pin which do have the left mouse click to the right trigger.

Quote Originally Posted by Pinnacle [Errol] View Post
    Always feel free to ask your questions, thats why we have these forums so that many people like yourself can get help easily.

As for your question to your left mouse button; Tap the right trigger to target next enemy and hold the right trigger for left mouse click which is a double command, its also added to the two shift modes as well. The left mouse click is also a hidden command.

I'd recommend you to use the Star Wars (B).pin which do have the left mouse click to the right trigger.
    The only problem with (B) is I want to be able to use my right stick to control the camera, it's REALLY awkward not to have that in there. I have one other question, with your non(B) profile, how do I move the mouse around if I need to click at something on the screen? I can't figure that out.

Thanks for your help!!

Silvercloak

PS. I created a duplicate with yours and tweaked it a little. Now it works PERFECTLY to my quirks Thanks for an awesome profile and your help. Now I can play AND watch my daughter at the same time