Thread: Heroes In The Sky (HIS) online with XBOX360 wired controller+ Windows 7 (64bit)

Heroes In The Sky (HIS) online with XBOX360 wired controller+ Windows 7 (64bit)

I have downloaded the correct XBOX360 driver for Windows 7 (64 bit).
    I have dragged the HIS desk-top icon into the Pinnacle box.
    I have mapped appropriate buttons from keyboard to controller and saved.
    I have ticked 'launch as persistant profile' box.

BUT when I launch the game (PLAY) form Pinnacle, the controller is not mapped properly.
    The controller is partially functional with some buttons (not ones I selected).
    I can fire and look around, but not steer my plane !!!

Can anyone help me?

From what I'm reading and also following what you did, seems to be correct.
    You may need to start PGP as Administrator then you'll get all the commands assigned for PGP to function and play your game.
    I went to the game's website and looked at the layout of the different keyboard commands, did you assign the cursor (Arrow) keys to the left analog stick?

Yes. I assigned cursor (Arrow) keys to both the left and right analog sticks.
    Would the use of Mozilla (as opposed to say Google Chrome) make any difference?
    I will check to see if I am the Administrator on my system (not totally sure how to but will no doubt find out).
    Thanks for your reply. I will let you know if it helps.
    PGP is a nice program, by the way. I will purchase it IF I can get it to work for me.
    Cheers, Mark.

Mark forgive my rudeness, but I must extend a warm welcome to the PGP forums, you can feel free to browse around and post your questions and suggestions. Again WELCOME ABOARD.

Is this game launching from a web browser? When I say web browser I mean Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Internet Explorer, Opera etc.

For this Online game to play via PGP from your web browser you must already have the game started from your browser. Choose the web browser that you use and drop it into PGP's Shortcut Dropzone and let PGP launch the game from within the browser. I used Opera web browser which is my default browser to play these type of games. Just keep in mind when you launch the browser via PGP it will open a new tab or window depending on the browser you're using and the way you got it setup. Just close off the new tab and PGP will emulate the game from when you started it earlier. Make sure and check the box in PGP to "Launch as persistent profile".

To start PGP as an Administrator you have to right click on the PGP's desktop shortcut icon and Run as administrator thats the easiest way to do it. Before doing it that way make sure and close off any instances of PGP then you can Run as...

Hi there.
    I checked and I am the Administrator on my PC.
    I went to PGP icon and Run as Administrator as well.
    Reset and saved settings including tool box...ticked Launch as persistent.
    I right clicked PGP PLAY and clicked Launch as persist also.
    Still no joy !!!
    I don't know about the web browser aspect. I went online (via Firefox) and downloaded HIS from the CG (College Games I think) web site. Took some 45 mins with my fast computer (3.3GHz).
    An icon for HIS is on my desk top. I dragged that into the PGP Dropzone.
    Is there something else I should do?
    Assume I know (almost) nothing and describe exactly how to do it.
    Thanks for your help and time so far.
    Mark.

Assume I know (almost) nothing and describe exactly how to do it.
    Assuming you know nothing about using PGP, here's a very short tutorial posted at this link will definitely help you.

The reason I thought it was a web browser based game. You mentioned
    Would the use of Mozilla (as opposed to say Google Chrome) make any difference?
    Thats the reason I gave some specific instructions.

Took some 45 mins with my fast computer (3.3GHz).
    Downloading a game which is well over 3.2 GB is not how fast your PC is but how much bandwith you have. But playing a game like the Crysis series shows the quality of PC you got. I use Crysis as only a reference because its a real eater of processors, graphics and memory.