Thread: Does PGP have a turbo button trigger function

Question Does PGP have a turbo button trigger function

Hi,

I'd like to talk TURBO buttons. I got my idea from a real SEGA genesis joystick I had 15 years ago (it was an unofficial joystick though). So in short here's what I'm looking for in PGP.

TURBO TRIGGER BUTTON. I have playstation 2 DS2 joystick. For example one button (lets say R2) is set as a turbo trigger button and while R2 is held and while other buttons are being pressed - they act as turbo buttons (except for directional buttons). Once you release R2, buttons don't act like in turbo-mode and return to single mode.

In short

hold R2 and press & hold X = turbo X
    press & hold X = X pressed one time as usual

How can this be done in PGP if can be done at all?

In profile we could tick which buttons can be affected by turbo trigger (so we could untick directional buttons, etc.). That would make awesome experience when playing regular games and old-school games via emulators on PC (often emulators do not have turbo button functionality).

Is this possible with PGP? If you cannot understand what I'm saying I will try to explain better if needed. This is very important for me to know. Thanks.

Thats rather very easy to accomplish. All you have to do is make a Double Command, in your case if X is the command and you hold X for turbo and just tap X for usual command, then the double command goes in the order of tap once for usual and hold down for turbo.

Take a look at the Example profile I posted. Its done using Notepad as the tester.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Thanks but thats not exactly what I'm looking for. For example lets take Mario game for NES console. I press and hold A button for quick run and then it turns into a turbo and quickrun is ruined. There just simply needs to be a one button to trigger other buttons.

I was playing around and I see that something very close can be achieved via SHIFTS. But there's one thing I cannot seem to find how to do. For example

Unshifted configuration (the default one):
    X, Square, Circle, Triangle buttons are set as typical single press buttons
    R2 is a SHIFT-Blue

While in Shift-blue:
    X, Square, Circle, Triangle buttons are set as typical turbo / rapid fire buttons

BUT the main thing is that switching between two modes: unshifted and shift blue is done by TOGGLING.

Is it possible to set up the joystick so that while R2 is held down - joystick goes into shift-blue. when R2 is released - joystick goes back to unshifted mode.

Thanks

Yes all the above can easily be accomplished.
    R2 can be setup as the Shift Mode Blue and at the same time enable it as a sticky so it becomes a Toggle, when pressed it activates and when pressed a second time it deactivates. Also once you assign a shift mode automatically every single buttons, triggers and the analog stick go into shift modes as well. So the beauty of the thing is you can accomplish many different commands with the shift mode including using the analog sticks for that extra feature.