Mass Effect 3 - Console Layout
This is yet another ME3 profile based on my ME2 profile. I've been testing it all day, comparing it with Errol & JCKarlo's profiles to use the best of their ideas. With my profiles the goal is to try to get as close to the console versions as practical. I have the ps3 version of the game, so I have been comparing this profile against that version to capture the feel as closely as possible. However, ME3 was designed with the PC in mind and utilizes a totally different Command HUD, along with quickslots, so my profile was designed with all this in mind.
- I've decided to use RB for the Command HUD, which is sticky. I prefer to leave A for sprint, and X for reload, and LB is used for the shift key. It feels quite fluid. When you hit RB, the mouse pointer will drop down to where your powers are. Keep in mind, this will change somewhat based on your screen resolution. If you don't like where the mouse pointer ends up, you can modify that in PGP.
- Camera Panning speed matches the ps3 version exactly.
- While in the Command HUD, right stick controls the mouse pointer. To pan the camera, hold down the left trigger while the hud is up.
- This profile has full rumble support
- I've enabled the D-Pad to navigate while you're in the pause menu, in addition to the mouse pointer via right stick.
- On the ps3, Y enables your 1st quickslot power. Therefore I've done the same. Whichever your main power is (ie cloak for an infiltrator), assign it to quickslot 1 in-game. Aside from quickslot 1, every other quickslot is on a shifted face button or D-pad.
- During the game, every now and then an eyeball prompt will show up on the screen, indicating you should be looking at something. When this prompt comes up, hold down Y to view it. I saw this as a better solution than leaving it on Back, so you could walk and view at the same time.
- Walk is enabled, move the left stick slightly and you'll walk slowly.
*You can click on the thumbnail for a quick look at the layout, though I've detailed the layout with explanations below.
Face Buttons (A, X, Y, B)
A = SPRINT - Use/Cover/Storm
X = Reload (tap), Swap Weapon (hold)
Y = Quickslot 1 (tap), Contextual View (hold)
B = Melee
The D-pad covers squad orders. It also works to navigate while you're in the pause menu.
DOWN = Order Rally (Form Up Squadmates)
LEFT = Squadmate 1 Order Move/Attack
RIGHT = Squadmate 2 Order Move/Attack
UP = Order Attack
- On all my profiles, I assign quick slots going clockwise, beginning with the bottom key (A for the face buttons, Down on the D-pad). They're also assigned to shifted keys. But remember, quickslot 1 is assigned to Y so in this case, we begin with quickslot 2 on Shift/A.
Shift/A - Quickslot 2
Shift/X - Quickslot 3
Shift/Y - Quickslot 4
Shift/B - Quickslot 5
Shift/D-pad Down - Quickslot 6
Shift/D-pad Left - Quickslot 7
Shift/D-pad Up - Quickslot 8
Shift Key - LB
Next Weapon - Shift/RB
Center Command HUD Pointer - Right Thumbstick (Useful while the Command HUD is up).
Navigation - Back Button (tap)
Pause Menu - Start Button (tap)
Quickload - Back Button (hold)
Quicksave - Start Button (hold)
Cover Turn - Left Thumbstick
Contextual View - Hold Y
Voice Chat - Shift/Back Button
Text Chat - Shift/Start Button
Exit Atlas - Hold X
Exit Gun Mount - Hold X
*Should be the same as ME2, I'm not far enoug in-game to test these yet though so if you have issues, let me know.
This oughta cover it. You should still look over the imageguide to cover any commands I may not have mentioned. It's not exactly like the console but it's close, and I tried to keep all the non-console stuff as logical as possible. Enjoy!
Last edited by shantd; 03-07-2012 at 10:55 PM.
is there a way to disable the vibration from the controller?
I'll upload a version without rumble for you. This profile in this attachment has both the rumble and rumble-free version.
ty op appreciate your work
How do you set that function up in Pinnacle (having the dpad control game menus)?
Originally Posted by shantd
*Nevermind, I got it.
I guess there's no way to assign a button to enter (and one to exit) menus? You have to have the cursor over the item to click it?
Last edited by smnation; 03-08-2012 at 11:14 PM.
Originally Posted by smnation
Hello I noticed you can use the left right arrow on the d pad to order allies to use their special power on a targeted enemy. My question is how can you change / set which squad-mate power is linked to the quick command?
You change that in-game. In other words, this profile has quickslot 1 on Y, quickslot 2 on shift/A, quickslots 6, 7, & 8 on the D-pad. If you want to customize which powers to put on those buttons, simply start up ME3 and with the Command HUD open, drag and drop the power you want to the quickslot number at the top which corresponds with the button on the controller.
thanks for this shantd, neat profile!
I've made a few changes using yours:
(Back, Start, A, B, X, D-Pad and Triggers stay the same)
-the 180° Turn is very sketchy, if someone has a more elegant way to do it, please post it!
the file includes both of shantd's original profiles aswell. (if this isn't how profile modifications ought to be posted, drop me a pm and I'll just re-attach the file with my profile; my apologies before hand if that's the case, shantd!)
Last edited by ecz3; 03-19-2012 at 09:51 AM.