Thread: Assassin's Creed I and II work for what I wanted

Assassin's Creed I and II work for what I wanted

I wanted a push to talk key for Teamspeak so I could continue to talk to friends while playing Assassin's Creed games. But I much prefer them with a controller, so I had some figuring to do. I finally decided on what to do:
    (Assassin's Creed II, I can't remember how I had 1 set up, but it was similar.)
    Left thumbstick press in game is first person camera until you move. Right thumbstick press in game is center camera. Since I don't see the need for centering the camera, and my thumb would be on the left thumbstick for movement more than the right for moving camera, I decided I would tell the game it couldn't read the thumbstick presses directly. Then I mapped left thumbstick press to the right thumbstick press, leaving left thumbstick press available for faking left alt, my Teamspeak push to talk key.

I beat both games with this setup, and never did anyone in Teamspeak say that I had dropped out mid sentence. I also never had issues with the original commands being issued when I wanted my overrides. Just came here to say thank you for this feature, I'll be using it in future, for example, for the GTA IV mod LCPD-FR. (A mod where you play as a police officer, LOTS of extra key combos in that mod that weren't in the original game.)

In hindsight I might have been able to unmap in game and then use Pinnacle to set left alt on left thumbstick, but I went to map alt first, and realized I could do this, so I figured I'd try it.

thats interesting, cool that you figured it out