Note: read instructions or this profile will not work (correctly)!
- Adjusted sniper assist
- Initial release
Battlefield 2 (commonly abbreviated to BF2) is a computer game by the Swedish developer Digital Illusions CE (DICE). During development, Trauma Studios contributed to the development of the game after it was acquired by DICE. Battlefield 2 was published by Electronic Arts and is the third full game in the Battlefield series, released on June 21, 2005 in North America for Microsoft Windows. The latest version is v1.50, which was released on September 1, 2009 and added the content of the Euro Force and Armored Fury booster packs, as well as the Highway Tampa and Operation Blue Pearl maps.
1. Goto your "Mydocuments"-folder (Start->"Documents" or "MyDocuments" ) and look for "Battlefield 2"
2. Go into the "Battlefield 2"-folder and also into the "profiles"-folder, where you will see your profile folders. Assuming you have created a profile in the game, Look for the "0001"-folder (probably). If you have created more profiles, it's probably the last one and/or you should update all folders with the next steps as they could have other names (just don't touch the "Default"-folder)...
3. Go inside the folder and you'll probably find a "Controls.con"-file (among others). Copy your "Controls.con" to somewhere safe and delete or rename the one already present.
4. Open Battlefield 2 - R3H4B's profile V1.2.zip
5. Go into folder "Copy to MyDocuments-Battlefield 2-Profiles-0001" and copy the "Controls.con" from the zip file to your "0001"-folder in your Mydocuments:
Note: You can check if this went OK by starting the game and going to the game options:
Controls->common controls->Pickup kit should be E instead of G.
Don't change any keys or the profile might not work!
6. Import the .pin from the zip
7. Enjoy the game
I have added two configs:
1: Battlefield 3/BC2 X360 layout without rumble (default)
2: Battlefield 3/BC2 X360 layout with rumble (only when aiming down the sights)
Yes I know there are already some good profiles here but I wanted to play this game with the controls of the newer Battlefield games (I hate driving vehicles with forward/back) . This wasn't completely possible because they differ at some points but I didn't take the easy route. This also means that you occasionally may experience control glitches (out of sync commands). What to do in that case?
- reversed aim down sights: Just quickly switch primary/secondary weapon
- Rumble when in vehicle (alt. config): Just pull the left trigger once or twice when that happens
I built/tested this profile from scratch with a patched (1.5) version of Battlefield 2.
As always, let me know here if you have questions, comments or find bugs .
Hope you like it.