Thread: getting a ps3 controller to work!

Angry getting a ps3 controller to work!

I don't know if something is wrong with me or the software!
    ps3 controller driver, where do I get one? I got this one called libsub but in pinnacle though the ps3 comes in dropdown menu, the blasted thing wont recognize any buttons depressed etc.... so now what?
    The controller lights are all on steady. Weird.

Use MotioninJoy. I will be wriring a Tutorial soon on how to use it properly. The PS3 Controller with MotioninJoy is one of the most compatible controllers available for PC.

PS Don't Double Post. I have deleted your previous thread due to it being about the same issue.
    Last edited by Pinnacle [Alec]; 05-12-2011 at 04:16 PM.

self help

Okay I installed motion joy and finally got it working inside pinnacle.
    I had it in before but was under the impression there was a conflict and all I ended up doing was using the non-functional window7 drivers.

For anyone else reading this; there is a thread somewhere that tells you how to allow motionjoy drivers priority over windows ones, but usually it's just as easy as knowing the motionjoy program. I thought Pinnacle was a replacement but it is a suppliment.

A PS3 controlller could not run under default pinnacle settings.
    I had to calibrate everything, and still there are 2 small problems;
    1. The sniper assist (very hard to find feature) inside pinnacle is nice, but I'd like to be able to customize it's levels, particularily in zones.
    2. The large triggers on the ps3 controller control z axis , both of them do, and in black ops, I've not found how to use them to throw flash grenades separate from normal ones; ie; the emulator function does not work even after running the wizard, the z axis will only emulate one function not 2.
    When the left trigger is depressed, it drops z axis down from center. The right trigger increases the value.
    It would just be a lot easier if pinnacle would make an update for the ps3 controller that actually works.

Right well as I said I will write a full Tutorial on it soon. Really You Should use the Xbox 360 Mode In Motioninjoy if you want to use the Triggers as Analogue Triggers. If you are fine using them as buttons then you don't need to do this. PGP and MotioninJoy don't play perfectly together, but I have got it to a useable standard. For use with Pinnacle I have in PS3 Mode and set up like shown in the diagram. It can also be used in Xbox 360 Mode with Pinnacle, so you can make use of the triggers. Xbox 360 Mode will also set it up for all games that support the xbox 360 controller automatically (like Black Ops).

Quote Originally Posted by omegafold View Post
    A PS3 controlller could not run under default pinnacle settings.
    I had to calibrate everything, and still there are 2 small problems;
    If you're making any changes to the driver through MIJ, you'll need to re-run the setup wizard in PGP so that Pinnacle can adjust to the changed information about the controller. You should avoid "calibrating" analog controls, however, because this feature is to adjust for faulty analog controls that fail to return to the same at-rest position. Instead, you should just re-run the setup wizard and make certain that Pinnacle sees each axis properly. You might also tweak the deadzone for any joystick controls, though making this less than 23% will often produce unintended results--as joysticks don't always consistently return to a centered position inside this radius. The most common side effect of this is a runaway cursor.

1. The sniper assist (very hard to find feature) inside pinnacle is nice, but I'd like to be able to customize it's levels, particularily in zones.
    You cannot customize the sniper assistant, but you can easily create custom commands that will adjust your sensitivity levels however you want. Just look at the list of event steps for "quick setting adjust" and "quick setting restore". With those, you can create your own customized sniper assistant.

2. The large triggers on the ps3 controller control z axis , both of them do, and in black ops, I've not found how to use them to throw flash grenades separate from normal ones; ie; the emulator function does not work even after running the wizard, the z axis will only emulate one function not 2.
    When the left trigger is depressed, it drops z axis down from center. The right trigger increases the value.
    You only need to post about a problem one time to get help from us. Please stop posting about the same issue in multiple places. It just makes it confusing for us. Anyway, see the other thread for my response to this.

It would just be a lot easier if pinnacle would make an update for the ps3 controller that actually works.
    We have had plenty of customers using PS3 controllers for years without issues. The problem isn't with Pinnacle. Pinnacle only knows what the driver reports to Windows about the controller. The same would be true for any other emulator.
    Marco
    Product Marketing Manager
    PowerUp Software, LLC
    pinnaclegameprofiler.com