Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Pinnacle Desktop Gadget (for Vista/Win7)

Pinnacle Gadget (for Vista sidebar)

The Pinnacle Gadget is a mini-launcher gadget for Vista sidebar. When you launch a profile from the gadget, it will automatically start PINNACLE.EXE if it is needed... but otherwise you do not need to run Pinnacle itself for the gadget to work. Also keep in mind that the gadget cannot auto-detect and apply profiles, so for that to keep working you must have Pinnacle running (not just the gadget).

You can download the Pinnacle Gadget sidebar launcher at the link below. Of course this is only for Windows Vista users since gadgets weren't around before Vista. Just download the ZIP, then extract and launch the .gadget file to install. Please let me know what you think of the gadget launcher and if you have any trouble.

http://www.pinnaclegameprofiler.com/...cle-gadget.zip

Also you need Pinnacle v5.0 or later to make use of this gadget (so they can properly communicate). Just run PinnacleUpdate to make sure you are running the latest version.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Well the gadget installs fine but it keeps saying "No profiles have been added to Pinnacle Yet, After you create your profiles you can launch them from this gadget"

I have around 8 profiles, and Pinnacle is launched in the background, it might be a bug.

Yea, seems I forget to un-hardcode the gadget path (as is needed for debugging the gadget). Anyway, you should be able to download it again and hopefully it should work properly for you now.

Nvm, works now, great, very useful , Good Work Cheers!

this is a very neat idea, too bad i hate the gadget bar that vista comes with, so i make sure its turned off :P

I was wondering why I couldnt get any profiles to show ..lol Just downloaded it again and all works perfect. Once again great Job!

Might be a good idea to submit this to Microsofts Download new gadgets site. Could bring in some new customers

Gadget still not working

I am having the same problem,I have re-download and installed the zip file three time,but I still get the same message.Is there something else I should be doing first?

Do you mean the message about no profiles found? Make sure you are running the latest build of Pinnacle by checking PinnacleUpdate...

Previous versions of Pinnacle cannot communicate with the gadget. Also if you just installed the gadget, make sure Pinnacle is running so it can talk to the gadget (and tell it the profile list for the first time). And if you already had Pinnacle running, you may need to restart it before it will start talking to the gadget (I'll work on fixing that so restart isn't needed).

Problem solved. Thank you. I re-downloaded and re-installed the latest version and everything is working fine.(by the way this gadget is a great idea,it is the ideal add on for Vista users.)

Thanks Again for your quick response.

latest pgp i found was http://www.pinnaclegameprofiler.com/...?p=12833#12833 rc 5
    where is 6 one?
    Maybe u should edit each time very first post in that topic with url to latest version to make it each 2 find out links (30 pages kinda boring)))) ?