Publisher: Electronic Arts
    Developer: BioWare
    Release Date: March 08, 2011
    Game Review
    You can download Dragon Age 2 Demo

Profile for Dragon Age II

Attached Files Attached Files

a couple of comments

in my experience the 8 way d pad settings are hard to use in actual gaming. it is very easy to miss & trigger the adjacent command.

you want the most used commands on unshifted, so I'd swap shifted & unshifted shoulder assignments

rather than include every option - focus on playability - get the free demo to see how your config actually plays -
    there's 2 types of commands - those that are time sensitive- and have to be reliable + easy to trigger heat of battle; and those that can be done occasionally & slowly like reviewing journal, adding character to party, redefining tactics... group them accoringly - you don't want to accidentally open your journal when trying to use a quick slot !

I am currently playing the console version- I think the game was designed primarily for console if I were to switch to pc, for superior graphics & for the user mods that will appear soon. I'd probably go for a wireless keyboard + controller option for armchair gaming. there's too much to try to fit it ALL onto controller
    so my controller would need to do everything that's done with mouse in the game + be usable in battles.

& consider mimicing the console version's use of shifted & unshifted BXY for quickslots. console players have to live with only 6 slots per character

Quote Originally Posted by cybmole View Post
    a couple of comments
    & consider mimicking the console version's use of shifted & unshifted BXY for quickslots. console players have to live with only 6 slots per character
    cybmole thank you for the tip, glad to get a feedback. I'll try to work on the profile to get it a little more flexible. For the time being some of the guys can eliminate some of the D-Pad choices when they download the pin file.

Just to let you know I've never played or own a game console to date, only on PCs I've played my games. In our country an Xbox 360 or PS 3 cost approx. $4,500.00 or more, at the end of the day it cost you cheaper to invest in a PC.
    Point being emphasized on your above quote, I have no idea how it is laid out in the console version of the game so if you can just give me the layout of a console I'll try to put all the settings in the right places to play the game enjoyably for the PC version. Thank you.
    Last edited by Pinnacle [Errol]; 04-09-2011 at 02:57 AM.

Great work Errol!
    It may indeed be a good idea to take the 360 version as a reference.
    Last edited by Pinnacle [Aldo]; 03-13-2011 at 01:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Errol
    Point being emphasized on your above quote, I have no idea how it is laid out in the console version of the game so if you can just give me the layout of a console I'll try to put all the settings in the right places to play the game enjoyably for the PC version. Thank you.
    i posted a full description of the xbox version controls layout earlier in a related thread - i do not have a picture but I typed in everything that I see on the controls screen.

but I think that some things cannot be done in pinnalce - like pressing both shoulder buttons together to select entire party ?

here is the info again via copy n paste:
    I can type in DAO2 controls - I have it up on my other screen:
    l trigger - radial menu ( set to hold or to toggle)
    r trigger - switch to secondary battle menu
    l / r shoulder - previous / next party member - both at once to select whole party
    d pad - select target
    a action
    BYX battle menu shortcuts ( r trigger shifts to secondary set - current assignments to BYX is always shown on screen for the 3 buttons)
    back - open map
    start - main menu ( where journal, inventory etc is )

once you are on main menu there is a radial select for character/level up, inventory, journal, load, save, options, quit...

the main game radial menu has move to point, access abilities/assign them to buttons, quick heal, potions, stay put/move freely etc - it's going to be quite different on PC
    Last edited by Pinnacle [Aldo]; 03-13-2011 at 01:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by cybmole
    but I think that some things cannot be done in pinnalce - like pressing both shoulder buttons together to select entire party ?
    Yes that can be done

Quote Originally Posted by rehab View Post
    Yes that can be done
    explain how, please

Quote Originally Posted by cybmole View Post
    explain how, please
    Not the easiest to explain, but you can use two cycle commands to achieve it. Shift the cycle pointer of a second command (mapped to button B) when pressing button A. Cycle it back to the first command on button release. So, if you press (and hold) Button A and then button B an other command will be triggered. The same must be done vice versa. See my batman profile for an example:

http://pinnaclegameprofiler.com/foru...ghlight=batman

Holding the A and X-button for instance will trigger a throw.

how good does this work..

Quote Originally Posted by krazor8 View Post
    how good does this work..
    Try it and you'll see!