Thread: How to Set Up MY Xbox360 Wireless Controller for MW2 using Pinnacle?

Question How to Set Up MY Xbox360 Wireless Controller for MW2 using Pinnacle?

Hello,

So my Xbox360 works fine with other games like Rainbox Vegas and GTA SA. But not for COD: MW2. I'm tired trying to set up things, the controller works and show movements in Pinnacle and other games, but not inside MW2. I saw this thread

http://pinnaclegameprofiler.com/foru...ad.php?t=10055

And imported the file, i thought it would work, it didn't so what should i do? Please help me in clear steps. By the way, I'm using Windows Vista.

Did you try going into the game's options menu and "restore defaults" to make sure everything matches up with the profile you downloaded? Also you might need to go to GAME PROFILES > EDIT and enable the "launch as persistent profile" setting.

Question

Man, I did what you told me, it doesn't respond at all in MW2! Can't I get any more help? Like Team View support or something? If it works, sure I'm gonna buy this program. Please help me.

The problem, I think, is one that other people have had with this game and other Steam-driven applications. The profile isn't being automatically applied if you launch the game through PGP when Steam is already running. There are a few workarounds.

The first is what Rob described. Edit the profile settings, and choose the option to "launch as a persistent profile". Before you start your game, just select the profile and PGP and click play. You'll know that Pinnacle has applied the profile when you see [stop profile] in your main window. Once you see this, start your game from your desktop shortcut for the game.

The second is not to "launch as a persistent profile", but you need to have the different launch and detect files properly set in the profile settings in Pinnacle. When you have the right file paths, you launch the game from your desktop shortcut. The profile will automatically be activated and deactivated when Pinnacle detects Steam running. This is actually a bug that we're working to fix, because it should be activating and deactivating when Pinnacle detects the game running. We hope to resolve this soon, but in the meantime, using your desktop shortcut to launch the game is the workaround.

If you want more details on this problem, see the first seven postings in http://pinnaclegameprofiler.com/foru...ad.php?t=13523. In that thread, I discuss what you need to have for the launch file and detect file and how you edit them.
    Marco
    Product Marketing Manager
    PowerUp Software, LLC
    pinnaclegameprofiler.com

That bug Marco mentions will be fixed in the next version, which should be ready tonight I hope...

Thumbs up

It WORKS! Thanks a lot guys! Piccacle Game Profiler is awesome! I'll recommend it to friends and anybody who needs to use a controller. Thanks a lot! Keep up the good work!

Glad to hear you got it working, and thanks for the compliments on the program