Page 1 of 56 1231151 ... LastLast

Thread: Battlefield: Bad Company 2

Arrow [R3H4B] Battlefield Bad Company 2 [Read instructions]

IMPORTANT! If you are having "Melee" action fire when you move the right-joystick, that means you used Input files [unpatched version]
    instead of Input files [latest version] like you needed to use for your version. Read the instructions next to STEP A below again and copy the correct files.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------

Edits:
    Code:
    Update 25-03-11
    - fixed weapon switching (thx Aghnar!)
    Re-download Battlefield Bad Company 2 - R3H4B's profile.pin

Update 15-12-10
    - Fixed UAV-controls (thx norm!)
    Re-download [R3H4B] BFBC2_Nopad.zip

Note: Re-copy the files from
    [R3H4B] BFBC2_Nopad.zip after patching to a newer version of the game and don't restore control defaults or change keymappings.

Note: this profile requires Pinnacle v5.7.0 or higher!

!! TO REMOVE THE DEFAULT JOYPAD CONFIG AND TO FIX TRIGGER ISSUES (WHICH IS NEEDED FOR THE PROFILE TO WORK) DO THE FOLLOWING (STEP A and B)!!

A ) After game installation, extract the files included in the
    [R3H4B] BFBC2_Nopad.zip file to:
    Code:
    \BFBC2\input
    in "My documents"

1: Go to "My Documents"- folder (Start->"Documents" or "MyDocuments" ) and look for "BFBC2".
    2: If the "BFBC2"-folder is missing, start the game once and exit out of the game or just create it manually in your "My Documents" folder.
    3: Get into the "BFBC2"-folder. Check here for a folder called "Input". If the "Input"-folder is missing, just create it manually.
    4: If the "Input"-folder already exists, remove its contents and extract the files from [R3H4B] BFBC2_Nopad.zip (* from the corresponding folder, see below) into the "Input"-folder.

*=Inside the .zip you'll find two folders:
    - Input files [latest version]
    - Input files [unpatched version]

Because the files are depending on which version of the game you have, it's very important to choose the files from the correct folder. So if you're using the unpatched version, use the files from "Input files [unpatched version]" and copy them to your "input"-folder. If you have updated your game to the latest version, use the ones from "Input files [latest version]".

You can verify if this worked by going into the game's options. The joystick controls should all be empty! (unpatched version)

B) After importing the
    profile, Battlefield Bad Company 2 - R3H4B's profile.pin, Enable "game hook" by going to the "Game profiles"-screen->"edit.."->"Advanced"-tab->"Install now" (lower left corner); OK save and close

Optionally: If you still have the main menu popping up when clicking the right thumbstick button:
    Find out where your games' main executable resides (BFBC2Game.exe) Something like:
    C:\Program Files\Electronic Arts\Battlefield Bad Company™ 2\BFBC2Game.exe

If you can find it, please extract the contents of the following file to it:

Put in game directory.zip

So make sure the three files from the zip are in the exact same folder as the game's main executable and start the game. If done correctly, the game shouldn't be able to detect your joypad and your rightstick button should work.

To sum it up, do in the following order:

1. Install the game and apply patches/update the game to the latest version. Start the game and exit.
    2. Open [R3H4B] BFBC2_Nopad.zip and choose the input files applicable to your version of the game. (so if you updated, choose Input files [latest version]). Copy the files to the BFBC2/Input directory in MyDocuments as described above.
    3. Import the profile,
    Battlefield Bad Company 2 - R3H4B's profile.pin.
    4. Enable "game hook" by going to the "Game profiles"-screen->"edit.."->"Advanced"-tab->"Install now" (lower left corner); OK, save and close

5. Optionally: disable menu on right stick button-issue by extracting these files to game directory
    Put in game directory.zip
    6. Optionally: Disable Mouse Smoothing
    if you have out of sync problems

Edit: just try steps 1-4 first. Only perform step 5 if 1-4 are successful and the game works with the settings/profile and you have sync problems!

The layout is the same as the X360-version of the game:

Or check the Pinnacle layout here: [R3H4B] Battlefield - Bad Company 2 Layout.pdf

Check here for the X360-layout:
    http://www.allgame.com/game.php?id=68550&tab=controls

Errol contributed a very useful instruction on how to remove the game's Mouse Smoothing, making the controls a lot more responsive:
    BFBC2 Disable Mouse Smoothing.zip
    Thanks Errol!

For "aim down sights" on trigger pull/release or crouch toggle update the game to latest version and use the toggles in the option menu.

The commands are also in the profile but please use the game's toggles if possible. Only use the ones in the profile if you have the unpatched version of the game.

Steam settings (32-bit Windows):
    Code:
    Launch file:  "C:\Program Files\Steam\steam.exe" -applaunch 24960
    Detect file:  C:\Program Files\Steam\SteamApps\common\battlefield bad company 2\BFBC2Game.exe
    Work path: C:\Program Files\Steam\SteamApps\common\battlefield bad company 2\
    Hook path: C:\Program Files\Steam\SteamApps\common\battlefield bad company 2\
    Happy gaming and feedback is always appreciated!

Hope you like it.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    • File Type: png 1.png (9.5 KB, 14579 views)
    • File Type: png 2.png (52.4 KB, 15004 views)
    • File Type: png 3.png (68.6 KB, 20937 views)
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Pinnacle [Errol]; 06-05-2011 at 12:25 AM.

:O

Beta is over, gonna have to wait until March 2nd to give this a try, I'll let you know.

Great!

Added zip file to remove the default interfering settings for the joypad..

[R3H4B] Battlefield Bad Company 2 [Read instructions]

I tried to install your profile on PGP 5.09 but when I did it came up with the error "invalid file name". I downloaded the file again to see if it was corrupt but I recived the same error message. I have never gotten that error before with any profile so not sure what is going on. Anyone else having this problem with this profile??

^^ Oops, must be the filename. Modified the filename. Try downloading again.

[R3H4B] Battlefield Bad Company 2 [Read instructions]

I renamed the pin file to Battlefiels2.pin and it worked. I had already tried renaming it before but it did not work when I removed the [****] portion of the name and renamed it "Battlefield 2 bad company" it only worked after i renamed it battlefield 2. Very strange indeed.

It may also have had to do with the "tm" in the name. However, thats created by Pinnacle itself, must be a bug in that case.

Let me know if you encounter more probs.

Yeah me too had to rename it to get it to work. Maybe it needs to be one word without spaces? Noob here so don't know. Nice work anyway.

You could have spaces in profile names, so there must have been a strange character in the name.