Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas

Hybrid View

Arrow Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas (no saac)

Both of the GTA:SA profiles below are for users that cannot or do not want to use SAAC with Pinnacle. If you wish to use the Pinnacle+SAAC profile, then go here: http://www.pinnaclegameprofiler.com/...read.php?t=210

Or you may wish to have a look here for info how to 'downgrade' your GTA:SA back to v1.0 (instead of v1.1) so then it can work with SAAC again...
    http://www.pinnaclegameprofiler.com/...ead.php?t=2326

Important NOTES:
    =============================================
    Using the files included in this download, you can achieve a near-perfect setup for using your XBOX 360 controller to play Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas. This setup is very similiar to the way the controller is setup on PS2 and XBOX consoles, and you can do everything from send Gang commands to changing the radio stations. Both triggers are working independently and both joysticks working. There are a few small limitations with this setup, but they can be overcome with SAAC as seen in this thread: http://www.pinnaclegameprofiler.com/...read.php?t=210 ... but this version of the profile was created to run without SAAC, so here are a few things to explain...

- There is no way to disable the DPad in GTA:SA, so although this profile maps the appropriate commands (like radio and gang commands) to the DPad... you will notice that the camera will move just a little bit when you tap the buttons. There is no way around this (without SAAC), but it's really not a big problem at all.

- When in 'Joystick' mode (auto-targeting), GTA does not respond to the mouse... which means that the right-stick camera had to be mapped to the numpad keys instead, which means it's a digital signal instead and analog sensitivity is lost.

- When in 'Mouse+Keyboard' mode (manual targeting), GTA does not allow auto-targeting... that means if you want to be able to auto-target then you will have to use the auto-target profile in 'Joystick' mode instead.
    =============================================

Both profiles are found below, so you can choose whichever suits your liking...
    Attached Files Attached Files

This profile works perfectly for me on a 360 controller in GTA:SA single player. There's a multiplayer mod that I like to play and couldn't get the profile to work with it. The .exe to the mod is "C:\\Rockstar Games\GTA San Andreas\samp.exe" so it's in the same folder as the single player .exe.

So I tried to use the same config for the multiplayer .exe but only the left stick was working. Then I made a new config and made it exactly as the single player config, but still only had left stick movement working. The controls should work the same in single and multiplayer shouldn't they? Any suggestions as to what I'm doing wrong? Thanks

By the way here's the multiplayer mod, and it works perfectly if you want to check it out sometime. http://www.sa-mp.com/

As soon as I get this working in multiplayer I'm going to buy this program instead of using the trial, very good work guys.

so you made a new profile for "C:\…\Rockstar Games\GTA San Andreas\samp.exe"... but it didn't work? Try going to GAME PROFILES > EDIT, and then you'll see the "Launch as Persistent Profile" setting at the bottom of the window. I think if you enable this setting then hopefully it should work in the multiplayer too. Please let me know how it turns out.

Quote Originally Posted by PinnacleAdmin
    so you made a new profile for "C:\\Rockstar Games\GTA San Andreas\samp.exe"... but it didn't work? Try going to GAME PROFILES > EDIT, and then you'll see the "Launch as Persistent Profile" setting at the bottom of the window. I think if you enable this setting then hopefully it should work in the multiplayer too. Please let me know how it turns out.
    Yes that was what I did wrong, thanks a lot and you just made a sale.

Glad to hear it worked, I'll update the profiles to always use that feature so that people won't have to turn it on to play the multiplayer mod.

I'm in a situation atm...

I play GTA:SA solely with the MTA:Race addon, which prevents usage of SAAC. I currently have a nice setup going with the XBCD drivers, but I would like to enable usage of the headset port, which requires the standard Microsoft drivers.

Would using the MS drivers allow me to utilise both in car and on foot controls to the full, with camera panning on the right stick, which I assume is digital due to MS' poor analog stick controls.

Gonna pop into windows to give the MS drivers with Pinnacle a go

EDIT: Just realised the setup is based around the PS2 controls, so the triggers aren't brake/throttle when in the car

Since Pinnacle emulates the mouse, you don't lose the analog sensitivity on the right stick. And GTA's left stick works ok, so you can keep analog on both sticks, but it is setup to fire weapons with the triggers whether on foot or in a vehicle (just like on PS2).

Hmmm, but can you have mouse aim together with the auto-aim of 'Joypad' as I was aware that the mouse is disabled when Joypad is selected rather than kb+mouse.

I've created my own profile for the moment, copied the original xbox controls, as thats what I'm used to, but atm the right stick is set to num pad keys for changing the camera, but it also emulates the mouse, so i can browse the menu with the mouse.

If you can use SAAC then yes, you'll be able to auto-aim and manual aim too, here is the Pinnacle+SAAC profile...
    http://www.pinnaclegameprofiler.com/...opic.php?t=241

But unfortunately not all versions of GTA:SA work with SAAC, so that is why if you are using the no-saac profiles you'll have to choose either auto-aim or manual aim but can't do both at the same time without SAAC because GTA won't makes you choose between either mouse-aiming or mouse-off.

I can't use SAAC because MTA:Race blocks the memory hooks of SAAC.

The way I've got it set up now is ok, but not as good as using XBCD and getting analog camera movement with the right stick. With this Pinnacle profile, when I move the stick down, the camera usually goes to the left as well. I'm not in Windows now, but is there a setting for the Joysticks when they are configured to enter key presses, to not respond unless the stick is strictly pointing in a direction, which should prevent it going left when I pull it downwards.